• DO NOT BRING YOUR PETS!
• Swimming Towels
• Soaps, Detergents
• Toilet Paper
• Personal Toiletries
• Black Rubbish bags
• Firewood (Can be purchased at reception at the Drakensberg Sun
Hotel or from local roadside vendors)
• Park on the carport slab. The switch for the outside light is
against the wall of the house just above the green bin. (Double
switch). Proceed to the security gate and open the combination
lock with the code provided to you. (You may need a flashlight if it
is dark). Slide the security gate to the right. Proceed to the back
door and open the combination lock with the code provided to you.
• Switch on the fridge at the wall. Switch on the geyser at the
distribution board in the passage.
• The Gardener's name is Renzo. He normally works once a week,
most likely on a Tuesday (subject to the weather). Please allow
him to do his work - he will not disrupt your stay for long.
• Do not use any maid. Phumi is our regular. Contact us if you
would like to have her for any additional days during your stay. She
knows the house and what is expected. We will arrange for her to
clean up after your departure or on the last day for which we will
pay her from your booking fees. Any additional days you require
her will be charged for additionally.
• Please ensure that there is always a black bag in the refuse bin.
Refuse is collected on a Monday from the green wheelie bin but will
not be removed if it is not in a black bag.
• Always please secure the green wheelie bin lid. The baboons and
the monkeys in the vicinity often raid the bins and if successful
they become a nuisance.
• Duvets, Pillows, Blankets, Towels
• Bed Sheets & Pillow Cases
• Cutlery, Crockery, Kitchen Utensils
• Pots, Pans, Braai equipment
• Fridge, microwave and stove
• One room with double bed and en-suite bath, shower, basin and toilet
• One room with double bed and en-suite shower, basin and toilet
• One room with two single beds and en-suite shower, basin and toilet
• Two extra mattresses under the beds, with no bedding
• Top-load washing machine for your convenience
What we have
What you need to bring
When you arrive
• Tidy but don’t clean the house, fireplace and braai area. Phumi will
do this after your departure or on the morning of your departure if we
are expecting other guests on the same day!
• Empty the contents of the dustbin (in a plastic bag) located in the
kitchen, into the green wheelie bin located at the carport.Ensure it is
latched otherwise the baboons will empty it on your behalf.
• Close all the windows. Draw all the curtains.
• Switch off the fridge and open the fridge door. Preferably this
procedure should be done the night before departure. Leave the fridge
open at departure.
• Ensure that all taps are closed.
• Check that all electrical appliances are switched off and plugged out.
• Check that all external doors are locked.
• Turn the geyser off at the distribution board.
• Close the back door and press the clear (C) button.
Before you leave
We hope you enjoyed your stay! Thank you.
Updated: January 2018