SHANAN CHRISTIAN SCHOOL
"Shanan" is a Hebrew word, In the Old
Testament meaning "To teach diligently"
- That the whole canon of scriptures (both Old and New Testaments) as originally given, is the inspired and authoritative Word of God, of supreme and final
authority in all it teaches and declares.
- In the Divine inspiration of the Holy Scriptures, the Bible.
- In one God, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- In the virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of the Father, crucified, buried, raised from the dead, taken up into heaven, now
appearing at the right hand of the Father, as the intercessor.
- In the existence of the devil, originally a created angelic being, cast down from heaven as a result of transgression, now the enemy of God, man
and every true believer.
- That all men are sinful and lost apart from faith in the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that sin is cleansed only through personal repentance and
faith in the precious blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the new birth and the baptism of believers by the Holy Spirit into the Body of Christ.
- In Reconciliation of man to God.
- In justification by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- That water baptism should follow conversion.
- In restitution.
- In the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in the believer.
- That the baptism into the Holy Spirit by Christ, according to Acts 2:4 is promised to all who desire and ask for it.
- In the nine-fold fruit of the Holy Spirit in the life of born again believers and the nine-fold manifestations of the Holy Spirit by the spiritual gifts of service.
- That the family is the basic unit of society and the church, and that every effort should be made to encourage and maintain God's order in the family.
- In scriptural healing of the body by Divine power.
- In the Lord's supper.
- That the Church is "the called out company" of born again believers in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the personal return of Jesus Christ.
- That the Great Tribulation will take place during the closing period of this age.
- In the thousand year reign of the Lord Jesus Christ immediately after the Great Tribulation.
- In the creation of the new heaven and new earth.
- In the eternal punishment of the wicked.
Statement Of Faith: